If you’re serious about your career and looking for an opportunity where you get to work directly with clients in a fee-only, fiduciary capacity, we’d like to talk with you. We have an opening for a Certified Financial Planner™ professional to join our team.
Financial Planners serve as a lead advisor for some clients and in a supporting role with the Firm Principal with other clients. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare financial plans using MoneyguidePro, Morningstar, Tax Tools, and Microsoft Office
- Collaborate with other members of the planning team on strategies
- Hold initial consultations with potential clients to learn about the individual’s goals and financial situation, explain how the Firm can help the client meet their goals (if applicable), and provide a fee quote for any services to be provided.
- Hold collaborative meetings with clients to confirm data points, prioritize, and goal set, or serve as note taker when the Firm Principal is the lead advisor
- Present financial plans including explaining recommendations in clear, easy-to-understand terminology and addressing client questions and concerns
- Review client portfolios for rebalancing using TRX rebalancing software and place any necessary trades
- Document assumptions and calculations in the Firm’s Client Relationship Management software
- Follow-up with clients on action items and track deliverables
- Cross-training with the operations team on scheduling, document management, and assisting with client calls
Successful financial planners in our firm have both top-notch interpersonal and analytical skills. They enjoy working with a broad variety of clients on projects ranging from cash flow and debt to retirement planning, insurance, and investment analysis.
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional, or ability to earn the CFP® marks in no more than 6 months
- 2-3 years’ minimum professional work experience; more is better. Career changers are welcome
- Friendly, confident, sincere approach to interpersonal relationships with high empathy.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer. Experience in Morningstar Office, MoneyguidePro, TRX, TD Ameritrade Veo, and Tax Tools is a plus.
- Accuracy, reasonable speed, and attention to detail for record keeping and working with client data.
- Highest level of ethical responsibility and respect for client privacy.
- Desire and willingness to take on additional responsibilities for both personal development and firm growth.
- Comfortable in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to offer limited after-hours or Saturday appointment times to accommodate client schedules
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance 100% paid for the employee by the company
- Section 125 plan to pay for any family member health insurance premiums pre-tax
- 401k with matching, low cost investment options, and administrative costs paid by company
- Paid, open vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Reimbursement for continuing education and professional certification
- Defined career path
- Competitive salary with bonus plan based on performance and firm growth
This is a full-time position at the firm’s office in Keller, TX with periodic client meetings at the Dallas office.
About Keener Financial Planning
Keener Financial Planning is a fee-only financial planning and registered investment advisory firm with a primary office in Keller, TX and a satellite office in Dallas. As members of the Garrett Planning Network and NAPFA, our mission is to provide objective, expert financial advice tailored to each client’s unique situation. Services range from a la carte financial advice on an hourly or flat-fee basis to comprehensive financial planning and investment management.
We have a fun, supportive work environment. But it’s not easy. We work really hard to deliver an extremely high quality, consistent financial planning experience for each client. We served about 260 client households last year with a team of 5 people so we have multiple deadlines and deliverables every single week.
We are a growing firm. We want to continue providing highly personalized service while scaling our business model with efficient processes, smart use of technology, and extraordinary people. We’re looking for someone who is a really good financial planner, wants to be even better, and relishes the opportunity to be a major contributor to our firm’s continued growth.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Firm Principal Jean Keener: firstname.lastname@example.org.