$400 for the first session; $200 for each additional
Live Planning sessions are meetings where we work on your financial goals together. You upload requested material to us in advance and we review them with you during the meeting, help you create financially sound strategies to meet your goals, and create an action list for you to implement following the meeting.
Live Planning is great to tackle:
- cash flow and budgeting issues
- setting priorities for paying down debt, building an emergency fund, and saving for the long term
- figuring out a basic retirement savings goal when you’re more than 10 years away from retirement
- figuring out how much to save for kid’s college when the kids are young
- having basic discussions about insurance and figuring out how much insurance you need
- doing investment allocations for a 401k when there are no other investment accounts
We can’t tackle all these issues in one live planning session, but we can start with the highest priority items and work our way through as much as possible. The first session is $400 and is up to 90 minutes in length. Additional meetings can be scheduled when you’re ready to work on the next items. Additional sessions are $200 and are up to 45 minutes each. Live Planning sessions are typically held with a Firm Financial Planner. When held with the Firm Principal, the fee is $500 for the first session and $250 for each additional.
For the first Live Planning session, a signed service agreement and $200 deposit are required to book the appointment. Future appointments are paid at the meeting. We accept payment by check or credit card. Live Planning sessions may be held in-person at our offices in Keller or Dallas or virtually using video conferencing with Go To Meeting.
Situations requiring more in-depth analysis cannot be reviewed during live planning sessions. Examples of these are investment analysis for multiple accounts and/or more complex investment products, retirement planning when you’re within 10 years of retirement, social security claiming strategies, pension strategies, analysis of existing life insurance policies, Roth conversion analysis, executive compensation decisions, etc. During our initial consultation, we’ll be able to tell you if we think live planning is a good fit for your situation. Schedule a complimentary initial consultation.